Update added by user Mar 11, 2013
Complaint filed with Tennessee Attorney General's Consumer Affairs on 3-11-2013. Lawsuit pending.
Update added by user Nov 11, 2012
Frankie\'s, also d/b/a Airport Auto Sales, Owner Frankie Alexander have failed to respond to my complaint filed with the Midsouth Better Business Bureau. I will now file a Complaint with the Tennessee Attorney Generals Office, and file suit against Frankie\'s.
Original review posted by user Oct 11, 2012
I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours.Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to fix the engine leak if I closed my BBB Complaint.
Jerry Bussey told me that Frankie's was founded on "Integrity" and "doing the right thing" After several trips back and forth from Jackson to Memphis, logging over 1500 miles, the engine is still leaking oil. The vehicle has numerous problems with suspension, electrical, and computer, and has cost me additional thousands of dollars in the first 60 days. The Owner Frankie Alexander has fired the Salesman, Service Manager, and General Manager since I purchased the car. Last week, I brought the car back to Frankie's as scheduled by their Service Department.
Once again they put dye in the engine oil and determined that the oil pan was still leaking. They had the oil pan resurfaced/machined, however this just created a new engine leak. The owner Frankie Alexander refused to complete the engine repair that his General Manager agreed to fix. All "Integrity" left the building with Jerry Bussey!
Frankie Alexander sent his Sales Manager Tony Littoe to send me away, with measured antagonism by stating "I wouldn't have turned wrench one to repair your car." "What did you expect, the car is ten years old, you had Jerry Bussey bent over because you filed a BBB Complaint, we don't care, we get complaints all the time..." Nice attitude from the Sales Manager, so buyer beware, if you buy one of their ten year old Corvettes, Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus that they feature in the first front rows, you may get a lemon like mine, "what did you expect".
So Frankie's started a repair that they do not have the competence to do; and then after tearing the engine apart three times, and creating a new oil leak, fail to complete the job as agreed to by their agent/representative.Now the engine is at risk for further damage due to their negligence and failure to complete the repairs.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2003 Corvette
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "Paint problems, 2 years in the sun and paint faded on top of nose of camper. I had campers with dark noses for 8 plus years and never had paint..."
- "I contacted Awbreys Powder Coating concerning some bike parts i needed powder coated, communication was swift and on point, the gentleman seemed very confident he could deliver the services i..."
- "I bought a toddler to twin size lightning McQueen car bed with built in toy box and working headlights for my two year old son, everything looked great eccept a..."
- "I stumbled upon WeUsePayPal when I discovered Amazon doesnt accept paypal as a method of payment. WeUsePayPal has a site set up that makes you believe you could purchase..."
- "I seen someone on OkCupid and reported to them. The next working day I found myself deleted from the website, I tried to ask them why but couldn't connect..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."